| Subcribe via RSS

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Browse > Home / / Blog Article: Subhas Babu's Strategy

Subhas Babu's Strategy

Monday, July 6, 2009 | Posted in



Finally, I shall like to discuss one or two points about the political strategy of Subhas Babu which prompted him to leave his country at a crucial time. I discussed with him this vital question and I can give here only the substance of the talk I had. A verbatim report is not possible. Subhas Babu's conviction was that the British would not quit India until and unless they were thrown out by a bloody revolution. The British had never freed any country willingly. He mentioned Ireland by way of example. Ireland passed through the fire of purgatory and after seven hundred years of struggle and suffering she could win her freedom, but still Ulster was there. The British people were engaged in a mortal struggle in the World War II and for the sake of independence of India Indians should take advantage of the psychological world situation. The British had created such a situation in India as made a successful revolution an impossibility. History tells us that all successful revolutions were brought about with the help of a foreign Power. Russia and America won their independence with the help of Germany and France respectively. He preferred Russian help to the Axis help. He told me very plainly that instead of rotting in prison in India for the duration of the war, he would like to do what he could from outside. He had full faith in God and did not attach much importance to religious dissension in India which were the creation of the British Government. His belief was that India suffered from political ills and the remedy lay in her liberation from the foreign yoke. He had perfect faith in India's destiny and was prepared to stake every drop of his blood for her liberation.
Subhas Babu stayed with me for forty-three days. I feel those hectic days were really the happiest days of my life. I am glad that I was able to render some service to that illustrious and great son of India whose very life-breath was the liberation of our Motherland.

0 Responses to "Subhas Babu's Strategy"

Leave a Reply