Plan to Smuggle into Russia
Subhas Babu began to be worried owing to the delay. He was depressed. I requested him to go out for a walk but he did not like to stir out of the house. Only once he went out with me for tea at the residence of Haji who was a great admirer of Subhas Babu. Plans were discussed to cross into the Russian border as he was simply disgusted with the present position in Kabul. I suggested the name of a man who had several times been to the Afghan side of the river Hango which divides Russia from Afghanistan. The man who was to escort Subhas Babu was an absconder from the Frontier side. I had a talk with the proposed guide and he promised that it would be possible for him to smuggle my friend (Subhas Babu) in disguise. The deal was settled for seven hundred Afghan rupees.
Rahmat Khan was brought in contact with the guide and they together discussed plans, and next morning the guide came and was given some money to purchase articles.
Leave a Reply